Thursday, 16 January 2014

Pursuing a Career as a Makeup Artist

Hello everybody! For some reason I feel like blogging today. I know I'm not consistent about it however I will try my very best to write everyday starting today. Let's see ;)

Anyway, I would like to share my excitement about pursuing a career that I think I would enjoy so much. I want to be a makeup artist. For the past weeks my passion towards that goal is overwhelming. I kept looking for nice cosmetic brands and reading reviews. Youtube is my bestfriend! I learned a lot from video makeup tutorials. I love Marlena from Makeup Geek. I'm also thinking of going to a makeup school. Hmm.. is it really necessary?

Guess what!? Because of this undying passion for makeup, I met a lot of makeup junkies in Youtube who use this amazing Naked Palette from Urban Decay. I am extremely in love with the product. Wait, I still love Mary Kay shadows though. But since I'm determined to be a makeup artist I need to try other gorgeous brands. The sad thing is Urban Decay is not available in any local stores here in Cebu. I kept searching online as to how to get that Naked Palette. Finally, I came across Jilli's Facebook Page Kissed and Made up Cosmetics. She sells authentic and brand new Urban Decay cosmetics all the way from Sephora in the U.S! I immediately contacted her. To make this long story short, tomorrow the palette will be mine! Can't wait to try it!

Image by jerine via Flickr

I'll have my own photos of Naked Palette tomorrow. Don't worry guys ;)

The universe is really responding to my happy thoughts because I just got a message via Viber from a friend of mine. I will be doing her client's bridal makeup!! OMG! Is this it? Honestly, I feel so pressured. Slowly, I am building a portfolio. What a great opportunity, don't you think? I will update you soon. 

Till next time. Have a lovely day people! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment